Turning YouTube dark mode on is a simple task, and here’s how you can do that on PC, Android, and iPhone:
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube Web Version
Note: Here, I’m using the Chrome web browser in Windows 10 PC.
Note: You can activate dark mode even without signing into your account. After you visit YouTube, click on three vertical dots. Now, follow the below steps.
You can see “Dark theme: Off.” Click on it.
Note: Besides the “Dark theme:” you can see the status of the dark mode. The dark theme is disabled, and that’s why you see “Off.”
Enable toggle switch beside “Dark Theme.”
- For each browser, you’ve to enable dark mode separately.
- To turn off the dark theme on YouTube, follow the above steps but disable instead of enabling.
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube for Android
Tap “Appearance.” In the pop-up, you can see three options:
- Use device theme – Set your system-wide theme as the YouTube theme. In other words, if your device is in dark mode, then YouTube too will be in dark mode.
- Light theme – Disable dark mode.
- Dark theme – Turn on dark mode.
Pick the one you prefer (except “Light theme”).
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube for iPhone
Open the YouTube app. Hit profile picture at the top right > Settings. Enable “Dark theme.”
Note: If you want to disable the dark theme, then follow the above steps but instead of enabling, disable.