In this post, we’ll see:
How to Comment on a YouTube Video
- Go to YouTube. Sign in, if not already.
- Go to the video, you want to comment.
- Scroll down until you see the Add a public comment field. Click on it.
- Now enter your comment.
- Click on the Comment button to post your comment. Click on Cancel if you don’t want to post your comment.
Here are some other important things to note:
- Keep in mind that you can edit and delete your comment.
- The steps to comment on a YouTube video using YouTube for Android and YouTube for iPhone are almost the same as above. You can see the Send icon instead of the Comment button, which you need to tap to post the comment.
- A YouTube channel will be created for your account if you leave a YouTube comment for the first time.
- Your comments are public, which means everyone can see and reply to it.
How to Format a YouTube Comment
To make YouTube comment bold, you need to add * (Asterisk) at the beginning and end of the comment. For instance: *Thanks*
To make YouTube comment italics, you need to add _ (Underscore) at the beginning and end of the comment. For instance: _Thanks_
To make YouTube comment strikethrough, you need to add – (Hyphen) at the beginning and end of the comment. For instance: -Thanks-
- You can format a letter, word, portion or whole of YouTube comment.
- Keep in mind that you need to make sure that there is no text immediately appearing before, between, or after text formatting (for instance: *Thanks*a). Otherwise, it’ll not work.