In this post, we’ll see how to block a website on Windows 10 without any software. Let’s get started.
Hit File > Open.
Go to this location in the popup: C:\Windows\system32\drives\etc.
Now, choose “All Files” from the drop-down list above the “Open” button, and you can see the “hosts” file. Double-click it.
Now, at the end of the file, in a new line, type the following: 127.0.0.1 thewebsiteyouwanttoblock
Remember that you need to use the exact URL of the site. In this instance, I want to block Facebook. So, I need to enter 127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com
I hope you got the point. Now, do the same for all the websites you want to block.
After that, hit “File” and then hit the “Save.”
That’s it. All done.
To Unblock a Site:
Remove the line regarding the site
Comment the line by putting # at the front of it.
- How to Save Web Page as PDF in Windows 10
- How to Change DNS in Windows 10
- How to Open Computer Management
- How to Remove Task View Icon from Taskbar
- How to Pin Website to Windows 10 Start Menu or Taskbar