In this post, we see:
How to Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android
Launch WhatsApp. Hit three vertical dots > Settings > Chats > Theme. Now, you can see three options in the pop-up – System default, Light and Dark.
Choose “Dark” or “System default” (Only if your Android device is in dark mode). Tap “Ok.”
Note: To disable dark mode, follow the above steps, but instead of selecting “Dark” or “System default,” choose “Light.”
How to Change WhatsApp Language on Android
Launch WhatsApp for Android. Hit three vertical dots at the top > Settings > Chats. Tap on “App Language.”
In the pop-up, choose the language you prefer.
Note: Not every country has this option. Therefore, if you don’t see it, then you need to change the language of your Android device to switch the language of WhatsApp.
How to Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on Android
Open WhatsApp. Tap three vertical dots > Settings > Chats > Wallpaper. In the pop-up, you can view these options:
- No Wallpaper – Self-explanatory, right?
- Gallery – You can see the gallery. Find and tap the image you want. Now you can see the preview. If you wish, pinch to zoom and drag to adjust. Hit “Set.”
- Solid Color – You can look at many colors. Hit the color you wish to set as wallpaper. Now you can view the preview. To preview the next color, swipe left. To preview the previous color, swipe right. Tap “Set.”
- Wallpaper Library – You can view a pop-up that asks you to download the WhatsApp Wallpaper package. Tap “Ok,” and it’ll take you to WhatsApp Wallpaper on Google Play Store. Install it. Now, hit the “Wallpaper Library” option again, and you can view many wallpapers. Find and tap the one you prefer. You can look at the preview now. To preview the next one, swipe left. For the previous one, swipe right. Tap “Set.”
- Default – To return to the default.
Choose the one you wish.
How to Hide WhatsApp Images and Videos from Gallery
By default, the gallery shows the downloaded WhatsApp photos and videos. If you wish you can hide them from the gallery and here’s how:
Single Contact or Group
Follow the below steps to hide WhatsApp pictures and videos of a group or contact chat from the gallery.
Open WhatsApp chat you prefer. Tap the name at the top. Hit “Media visibility.”
In the pop-up, you can see three options – Default (Yes), Yes, and No. Choose “No.” Tap “Ok.”
From here on, the gallery will not display newly downloaded images and videos of this chat. But remember, the gallery will show the already downloaded ones from this chat.
All Contacts and Groups
The following steps are for hiding WhatsApp images and videos of all contacts and groups from the gallery.
Launch WhatsApp. Hit three vertical dots at the top > Settings. Hit Chats. Disable “Media visibility.”
From now on, the gallery will not show newly downloaded images and videos of WhatsApp. But remember that the gallery will display the already downloaded ones.
How to Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on iPhone
If you’ve iPhone with iOS 13 (or above) and have dark mode enabled in it, then your WhatsApp is also in the dark mode.
How to Change WhatsApp Language on iPhone
If you want to modify the WhatsApp for iPhone’s language, then you need to change the language of the iPhone.
How to Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on iPhone
Launch WhatsApp for iPhone. Hit on “Settings” if you’re not in it already. Tap Chats > Chat Wallpaper. Now, you can view these options:
- Wallpaper Library – You can see many wallpapers. Hit the one you prefer, and you can look at the preview. To preview the next one, swipe left. For the previous one, swipe right. Tap “Set.”
- Solid Colors – You can see many colors. Tap the one you prefer, and you can view the preview. To preview the next one, swipe left. For the previous one, swipe right. Hit “Set.”
- Photos – You need to give access to the “Photos” app. Once you did that and return to the WhatsApp app, you can see the contents of the “Photos” app. Pick the one you prefer. Now you can view the preview. If you like, pinch to zoom and drag to adjust. Tap “Set.”
- Reset Wallpaper – To restore the default. Tap this option and then hit the “Reset Wallpaper” option.
Select the one you wish.
How to Stop WhatsApp Saving Photos and Videos to iPhone’s Camera Roll
WhatsApp for iPhone automatically saves the photos and videos you receive to your iPhone’s Camera Roll, which is the default.
You can stop it if you’re not a fan and let’s see how:
Open WhatsApp. Hit on “Settings” at the bottom. Tap “Chats” which you can find between “Account” and “Notifications.” Now, you can view “Save to Camera Roll.” Disable it.
From now on, WhatsApp doesn’t automatically save the images and videos you receive to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
And you need to save the one you prefer manually. Let’s look at how. Tap the picture you prefer to save. Hit the “Share” icon on the bottom. Tap the “Save” option in the pop-up.
Note: Do you want to switch on the feature? Then follow the instructions on the top but enable instead of disabling.