By default, Android doesn’t have any option to view saved WiFi passwords.
But, there are 3 ways to do this on Android. In this post, we will all the ways in detail. Let’s get started.
View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android
ES File Explorer [Rooted Devices Only]
Android saves the WiFi networks and their corresponding information (including passwords) locally in a configuration file.
You can get your WiFi password from that file. Let's check it out the steps to do that:
- Install and open the app.
- Slide the menu drawer (slide from left to right).
- Enable the "Root Explorer" option at the bottom.
- Go this location in the app
- Locate the file “wpa_supplicant.conf”.
- Tap the file and choose "ES Note Editor" option.
Now, you can see all the saved WiFi networks along with their passwords. The psk field shows the password of corresponding WiFi network.
Dedicated App [Rooted Devices Only]
- Open WiFi Password Viewer app.
- Now, you can see the saved WiFi networks along with password.
You can use ADB commands to view the saved WiFi passwords on your computer.
Before proceeding with this method, make sure that your computer has Android SDK and you’ve enabled USB Debugging on Android.
- Connect computer and Android via USB cable.
- Go to the platform-tools folder in your computer (the location may vary)
- Press shift and right click in the folder. Choose the option “Open command window here”.
- In the command prompt, type “adb devices” (without quotes). Now you can see the list of attached devices. Also, this command ensures that the ADB is working properly.
- Type the following command
C: > Users > your username > AppData > Local >
Android> sdk1 > platform-tools
adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
The above command copies the configuration file from your Android device and paste it in the platform-tools folder of your computer.
That’s it. Open the configuration file in the Notepad and you can see your saved WiFi password.
If the above command fails, please check it out the 2 commands we've discussed in the comment section.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.