In Windows 10, you can open Task Manager in a lot of ways. Let’s have a look at those.
Right-click on the blank area of the taskbar. In the context menu, select Task Manager which you can find between Show the desktop and Lock the taskbar.
Use taskmgr command in any of the following programs to open Task Manager:
Open Start menu. Hit Windows System folder which you can find beneath Windows Security.
Click on Task Manager which you can find between Run and This PC.
Open Start menu. Type task. Hit Task Manager app from the search results.
Press Ctrl, Shift and Escape keys simultaneously to launch Task Manager.
Press Alt, Ctrl and Delete keys simultaneously. In the Windows security screen, beneath Sign out, you can see Task Manager. Click it.
Press Windows and X keys simultaneously (or right-click on the Start button).
In the System32 folder, find Taskmgr file, and double-click it.
Open Control Panel. In the search box at the top right corner of the screen, enter the term – task and hit Enter key.
Click Task Manager link from the search results.
How to Create Task Manager Shortcut
Here, we’ll see the steps to create a Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.
- Right-click on your desktop’s blank area.
- Hover your mouse over New. Hit Shortcut, which you can find under Folder.
- In the Create Shortcut pop-up, type taskmgr. Hit the Next button.
- Now, provide the name for the shortcut as per your liking if you don’t like the suggested name.
- Click on the Finish button.
That’s it. Now you can see the shortcut on the desktop.