In this post, we will see the steps to stop auto play videos on Chrome and Firefox. Let us start.
Stop Video Auto Play
If you are a Google Chrome user, then install AutoplayStopper extension. Check out the settings of the extension and customize them as per your needs.
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, then follow the below steps:
- Go to the web page in which you see video auto play.
- Hit the Auto play icon in the address bar.
- Now, you can see a drop-down list beside Autoplay.
- Open that and choose Block Audio and Video option.
That is it. This will stop the auto play for that site only.
If you want to stop auto play for all sites, then follow the below steps:
- Copy and paste this about:preferences#privacy and then hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the Permissions section, you can see Autoplay. Hit Settings button beside it.
- Open the drop-down list at the top and choose Block Audio and Video option.
- Hit Save Changes button.
By default, Firefox for Android stops auto play.
But if you see the video get auto play, then follow these steps to stop that: tap three vertical dots > Settings > Advanced > Allow autoplay. Select Block autoplay.