Autoplaying videos are almost everywhere and that is annoying.
In this post, we will see the methods to stop autoplay videos on Chrome and Firefox. Let's get started.
Stop Video Autoplay on Chrome Browser
The Chrome's inbuilt option to stop flash videos is not working properly.
So, I suggest you to install this extension and it will automatically stop flash.
If you want to enable the flash for some reason, then click on the extension and choose the option you prefer.
This will only stop the flash videos. The HTML5 videos still play in your browser.
To stop the HTML5 videos from autoplay, download this Chrome extension Disable HTML5 Autoplay.
Stop Video Autoplay on Firefox Browser
- Open Firefox.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + A or type about:addons.
- Click on "Plugins" section and find "Shockwave Flash" plugin.
- Click the drop-down menu besides the plugin and choose "Ask to Activate" option.
The flash videos won't autoplay anymore. The next step is to stop the HTML5 videos in the Firefox browser. To do that, follow the below steps:
- Type the following in the address bar
- Search for this option
- Once you find the option, right-click on it and select "Toggle" option. This will change the value of the option to false.
From now on, the HTML 5 videos won’t autoplay in your Firefox browser.
But, the above method of the Firefox has one problem. This will stop Vimeo videos playback.
I hope that this post is useful to you. If you like this post, share with your friends.
How to Stop Video Autoplay on Chrome and Firefox