Firefox has a mode for troubleshooting purpose and that mode is "Safe Mode".
This Firefox Safe Mode can be started in 5 different ways. In this post, we are gonna see all those ways. Let's get started.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Click on Menu (Hamburger) icon and select Help (Question mark) icon. It opens up the Help menu.
- Click on "Restart with Add-ons Disabled...".
- In the popup, click on "Restart". Now you can see the Firefox Safe Mode popup.
- Click on "Start in Safe Mode" to launch the Firefox in safe mode.
In case, you do this method with more than one Firefox windows already opened, then it will relaunch all those Firefox windows in the safe mode.
You've probably had a Firefox shortcut on your PC now. If not, just go to this location:
C: > Program Files > Mozilla Firefox
And, right click on the Firefox application and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
Now you have a Firefox shortcut on your desktop.
Here are the steps you need to do now:
- Press and hold the Shift key and double click the Firefox shortcut.
- Now you can see the Firefox Safe Mode popup. Click on "Start in Safe Mode" button.
When you try this method, make sure there is no other Firefox window is already opened.
If any other Firefox windows are already opened on your PC, then this method will launch just another Firefox window, not launch Firefox in safe mode.
This same condition applies for all the remaining methods (3,4 and 5) in this post.
If you want to do this task via Command Prompt, then here are the steps for you:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command
- This will open Firefox Safe Mode popup and select the “Start in Safe Mode” button.
Start Firefox -safe-mode
- Right click on the Firefox shortcut (I’m suggesting you to change the shortcut name as "Firefox Safe Mode") and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to Target field.
- Append the following text in the Target field.
- Press the OK button.
- Whenever you open the shortcut, you will see the Firefox Safe Mode popup; Then, select the “Start in Safe Mode” button.
How to Get Out of Safe Mode?
To get out of the safe mode, just close the safe mode windows. After that, you can start the Firefox in normal mode as usual.
If you are gonna use this mode frequently, then go ahead with the method 5.
If you are gonna use it rare, then you need to go with method 2.
Which method do you prefer? Let us know in the comment section below.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.