Want to have sidebar launcher on Android? then this guide is for you.
Android doesn’t have this feature as inbuilt one. But with the help of the side launcher apps, you can add this feature to your Android device.
In this post, we will use the Meteor Swipe - Edge Launcher app (previously known as Glovebox) to add this feature. Let’s get started.
Add Side Launcher to Android
- Install and open the app.
- Enable the app and provide Accessibility permissions.
- Now you can see the trigger at the right side of your Android screen.
To open the side launcher, just slide the trigger. To close it, just tap on any area outside the panel.
In the free version, you can have one panel only. In the pro version of the app, you can add more panels.
How to add items to the panel?
- Click on the pencil icon in the panel.
- Now you can add the apps or shortcuts or other (such as blank space and folder) to the panel.
- Tap the one you want and it will be added to the panel.
In the free version of the app, you can only add 8 items to the panel.
If you want to change the position of the item in the panel, Just hold the item, drag and drop it in the position you want.
How to remove items from panel?
- Tap the pencil icon on the item that you want to remove and you will see these options:
- Tap Remove and the item should be removed.
This app has a lot of customization settings which you can find it under the Settings tab. Let me show you the most important ones:
You can change the theme of the panel from here.
From here, you can stop this app from appearing on specific apps.
In this instance, I’m choosing the MX Player. So, the side launcher will not appear in the MX Player.
You can use this option to blacklist all the apps you want.
Use panel with two columns - Panels will appear with two columns.
Show labels - Show the label of the app.
Stack from bottom - by default, the panel items will start from the bottom; if you turn off this option, it will start from the top.
Using this option, you can set the sides of the trigger. Also, tap on Left or Right to configure its features such as color.
Also, you can add new sides such as top or bottom. For instance, let’s create the bottom side.
- Click on "+" icon.
- In the popup, tap "Side" and choose Bottom.
- Tap "Color & transparency" and set it as per your wish. Also if you wish, customize the size and sensitivity too.
- Remember, you can use the "Location: option to move the trigger as per your wish.
Press the back button and now you have a new trigger side “Bottom”.
If you want to delete the trigger, just tap it and tap the "trash can" icon in the popup.
Play with all the settings and customize the sidebar launcher as per your wish.
I suggest you to try this app if you like the sidebar feature. Try the free version before purchasing the pro version.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Add Side Launcher to Android