You can add a shortcut of a Google Drive file or folder to your Android device’s home screen for quick access, and here’s how you can do that:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap Files, which is the first one from the right side at the bottom.
- Select the item for which you want a shortcut.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top right.
- Tap Add to Home screen option.
- If you prefer to place the shortcut manually on the home screen, long-press the icon you see in the center and drop it anywhere on the home screen. Else, tap on Add Automatically option in the pop-up.
That’s all. Go to your Android device’s home screen, and you can see the shortcut now.
Note: check this guide to remove the shortcut from the home screen.
Add a Google Drive File or Folder Shortcut to Windows 10 PC Desktop
Step 1: Go to Google Drive.
Step 2: Open the file or folder you wish.
Step 3: Copy its address from the address bar of the browser.
Step 4: Now, go to Windows 10 desktop and right-click on an empty area there.
Step 5: Hover your mouse over New and then select Shortcut.
Step 6: Paste the address you have copied earlier and then hit Next button.
Step 7: Give a name for the shortcut and then hit Finish button.
That is all. Now you can see the shortcut on the desktop.