In this post, we’ll see:
Note: I’m using Android Pie.
How to Add App Shortcut
- Go to the home screen in which you want to add the shortcut.
- Open the app drawer (swipe up from the bottom of the home screen for that).
- Find the app for which you want a shortcut on the home screen.
- Press and drag it, and you’re on the home screen now. Release the hold where you want.
To Remove App Shortcut
- Press and drag the shortcut you want to remove from the home screen.
- You can now see the Remove option at the top of the home screen.
- Drop the shortcut on the Remove option.
Long press the shortcut and then hit the X on the menu.
How to Add File or Folder Shortcut
- Install the File Manager by Astro (File Browser) app. Open the app and go through the setup.
- You’ll be on the main screen. Close the app.
- Now, go to the home screen you prefer and then long-press on a blank space in it.
- Tap Widgets.
- Long press the Astro widget. Place it on the home screen where you want.
- If you want to add a file shortcut, find and tap it.
- If you want to add a folder shortcut, then long-press the folder you want.
To Remove Shortcut
Long press the shortcut you’d like to remove and then hit the Remove option in the menu.
Long press the shortcut and you will see Remove at the top. Drag and drop the shortcut on it.
How to Add Widget
- Go to the home screen you prefer.
- Long press the blank space on the home screen and then tap Widgets.
- Long press the widget you prefer.
- You’re on the home screen now where you can drop the widget where you want.
Two important things to keep in mind:
- If the home screen doesn’t have enough space for the widget, then you can’t add it there, and you’ll see a message stating that.
- You may need to set up the widget after placing it on the home screen.
To Remove Widget
- Long press the widget you want to remove.
- You can now see the Remove option at the top.
- Drop the widget on the Remove option.
Long press the widget and then hit the Remove option on the menu.