Have you ever been in this situation?
Want to put the phone in the silent mode before entering the office, forget to do that and got a call while meeting?
No one wants to be in that situation, right?
Well, we can avoid this situation. And, in this post, we will see the 2 apps which helps us to do that. You can pick the one you prefer. Let's get started.
Schedule Volume Levels on Android
- Install Volume scheduler app.
- Open the app and click on the "+" icon at the bottom. The three icons beside the plus icon are used to change the current sound profile of your device.
- Name the profile. Let's say "Office".
- Under "Start", you can see time and mode. Click on time and set the starting time as per your need.
- Now tap on mode and select the Silent mode.
- Make sure the "End" is checked and set the ending time and mode as per your need.
- The normal mode is not available. But, you can choose the custom mode and set the individual volumes as per your need.
- Under "Repeating", you can choose the day when you want this profile to be active.
- Once you set, click on the "tick" icon at the top.
That's all. Our profile set the Android device to silent mode on weekdays at Morning 9'o clock and set it back to normal (custom) mode at Evening 6'o clock.
If you don't want the app notification, you can disable it in the Settings. Make sure to turn off and on the profile to apply the changes.
Here are some other things to note:
- If the silent mode doesn't work for you, then you can set the custom mode and set all volume levels to zero as per the developer said.
- If you want to delete a profile, tap on the corresponding profile and tap on trash icon at the top.
You can do this task with the AutomateIt app and here are the steps:
- Open the AutomateIt app and click on "+" icon to create a new rule.
- In the Trigger section, choose the "Time Trigger". choose the day and time as per your wish. In our instance, I set the days (weekdays) and time (9-6) for the office.
- Press next. In the Action screen, Tap on "Set Sound Mode Action". Choose Silent.
- Press Next once again and provide the name for the rule. Click on save icon at the top to save the rule.
- Now we need to create another rule to bring back the device to normal sound profile (Let's create this rule to get activated after office hours).
- If you don't create this rule, your device will be on the silent on the weekdays.
- Click on + icon.
- Select Time Trigger and select the time and day as per your wish.
- Select Set Sound Mode Action and choose Normal (No vibrate).
- Provide the name for the rule and save it.
That's all. From now on, this app will take care of changing the volume levels as per the day and time you set.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Schedule Volume Levels on Android