In this post, we will see the steps to take a scrolling screenshot on PC. Let us start.
Typically, when you take a screenshot, it only captures the active portion of the screen.
Let’s say, you want to take a screenshot of the web page. The active portion of the web page is only what a screenshot can always contain, not the entire web page.
And this is where the scrolling screenshot comes in handy. The scrolling screenshot captures the entire portion of the active screen.
With that said, let us see the steps to take a scrolling screenshot on Windows 10 PC.
Take Scrolling Screenshot on PC
For Web Pages Only
If you want to capture an entire web page, then the following steps are for you. Taking scrolling screenshots on web browsers is an easy task because of the extensions.
- Install the FireShot extension (Download links: Chrome and Firefox). I’m using the Chrome web browser.
- Open the web page which you want to capture.
- Click on FireShot extension and select the Capture entire page option.
- The extension will capture the entire web page.
- Once it is done, you’ll see the scrolling screenshot along with several options on a new browser tab.
- Save the file or use any other available options as per your wish.
We all know that extension only works within the browser, and it leaves us with a question.
What if I need to take a scrolling screenshot of other parts of the PC? That’s where the stand-alone tool comes in.
For PC Screen Capture
There are a lot of tools available in the market to do this task. These tools help us take scrolling capture on anywhere of the PC. Here are two suggestions I have for you:
- Snagit (paid, but you can get 15 days free trial)
- Screenpresso (free)
We’ll see Snagit. Let’s see how to use this one.
- Open the web page you want to capture.
- Hit the Print Screen button.
- Now you can see three arrows. All arrows are representing scrolling capture. One is horizontal, the second is vertical, and the final one is entire.
- Choose the one as per your needs.
That’s it. The tool will take care of the rest.
Note that when you try to capture other screens of the PC, then you can see a varying number of screen capture arrows depending upon the screen.