Here’s how you can save WhatsApp status on Android (rooted and non-rooted):
- Open the Files app.
- Hit Browse at the bottom if you’re not in it already.
- Hit Internal Storage at the bottom.
- Tap the WhatsApp folder.
- Hit Media folder.
- Now, you can see .Statuses folder. If you’re using any other app than the Files app mentioned above, then you may not see this folder. If that’s the case, play with settings in the app you’re using to show hidden files since .Statuses folder is a hidden folder.
- Hit that folder, and you can see WhatsApp statuses. If you don’t see your preferred WhatsApp status here, open the WhatsApp and then see .Statuses folder.
- Copy the one you want to the place you prefer since statuses will automatically delete itself after 24 hours.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos using MX Player
- First, see the WhatsApp status that you like to save.
- Install and open MX Player app.
- Provide Storage permission.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left.
- Hit WhatsApp Status Saver.
- In the Recent tab, you can see the status you like to save.
- Tap the status to view it. Tap the Download icon on the status to save it.
Note: you can see the saved status video in the Saved tab. If you want to delete any of the saved status videos, then hit the Trash can icon at the top right, select the one you wish (need to select all? use the Select All option at the bottom left). Hit the Remove option at the bottom right.