You can restart File Explorer in two different ways in Windows 10.
Let’s see what are those two methods are.
Open Task Manager.
You’ll be in the Processes tab. Note that if you don’t see any tabs, then click on More details in Task Manager. Now, you can see the Processes tab of Task Manager.
Right-click on Windows Explorer.
In the context menu, click on the Restart option which you can find above the End task option.
- Press Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously and right-click on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, you can see the Exit Explorer option, which you can find beneath Taskbar settings.
- Click on it, and you can see the empty desktop.
- Press Ctrl, Shift and Escape keys simultaneously and you can see Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, click File > Run new task.
- In the Create new task box, type explorer and then press Enter key.
You can see your desktop now.