You can restart File Explorer in two diverse ways in Windows 10.
Let’s see what those two methods are.
- Open Task Manager.
- You’ll be in the Processes tab. Note that if you don’t see any tabs, then click on More details in Task Manager. Now, you can see the Processes tab of Task Manager.
- Right-click on Windows Explorer.
- In the context menu, click on the Restart option which you can find above the End task option.
- Press Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously and right-click on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, you can see the Exit Explorer option, which you can find beneath Taskbar settings.
- Click on it, and you can see the empty desktop.
- Press Ctrl, Shift and Escape keys simultaneously, and you can see Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, click File > Run new task.
- In the Create new task box, type explorer, and then press Enter key.
You can see your desktop now.