In this post, we’ll see how to restart (also known as “Reboot”) Android phone.
Remember that here we’ll see both the soft reboot and hard reboot. Let’s get started.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until you see the “Power Off” menu.
- Hit the “Restart” option, and that’s it.
This method is for the rooted Android device only.
- Install and open the Simple Reboot app. Provide the root permission.
- Now, you can see a menu with these options – Power off, Restart, Soft restart, Restart to recovery, Restart to bootloader, Restart to safe mode.
- Hit the “Restart” option.
You can reboot Android using the following command on PC (but, you need to enable USB debugging on Android and install ADB drivers on your PC for this) or Android (but, you need to install Terminal Emulator for Android app for that).
The command is:
adb reboot (for PC)
reboot (for Android)
In this instance, I’m doing this method on an Android phone.
- In the Terminal Emulator app, type su and then hit the “Enter” key in your keyboard.
- Now, provide the root permission for the app.
- Type reboot and then hit the “Enter” key in the keyboard.
That’s it. All done.
If your device isn’t responding at all, then try this method. Remember that this method will force restart your Android device.
For a device with a removable or non-removable battery
You need to press specific hardware keys on your Android phone to do this task.
Since Android devices vary, there isn’t a single combination of keys that work for all devices. So, give a try to following key combinations and see what’s working for your device:
- Press the “Power” button and hold it for 10-15 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the “Power” and “Volume up” buttons and hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons and hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Press “Power,” “Volume up” and “Volume down” buttons at the same time and hold them for 10-15 seconds.
For a device with the removable battery
Remove the battery from the device. Put it back and then press the “Power” button until you see the boot animation.
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.