In this post, we’ll see how to restart (also known as “Reboot”) Android phone. Remember that here we’ll view both the soft reboot and hard reboot. Also, note that here we will see the steps to auto restart Android too.
Let’s get started.
Restart Android Manually
- Press and hold the Power key until you see the Power Off menu.
- Hit Restart.
This method is for the rooted Android device only.
- Install and open the Simple Reboot app. Provide the root permission.
- Now, you can see a menu with these options – Power off, Restart, Soft restart, Restart to recovery, Restart to bootloader, Restart to safe mode.
- Tap Restart.
You can reboot Android using the following command on PC (but you need to enable USB debugging on Android and install ADB drivers on your PC for this) or Android (but you need to install Terminal Emulator for Android app for that).
The command is:
adb reboot (for PC)
reboot (for Android)
I’m doing this method on Android.
- In the Terminal Emulator app, type su and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, give the root permission for the app.
- Type reboot and then tap the Enter key in the keyboard.
That’s it. All done.
If your device isn’t responding at all, then try this method.
Remember that this method will force restart your Android device.
For a device with a removable or non-removable battery
You need to press specific hardware keys on Android to do this task.
Since Android devices vary, there isn’t a single combination of keys that work for all devices.
So, try the following key combinations and see what’s working for your device:
- Press down the Power button and hold it for 10-15 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the Power and (Volume up or Volume down or both volume buttons) and hold them for 10-15 seconds.
For a device with the removable battery
Remove the battery from the device.
Put it back and then press the Power button until you see the boot animation.
Auto Restart Android at a Specific Time
Please note that you can follow the below steps only if you have an Android device with root access.
- Install and open the AutomateIt app. Provide root permission.
- Hit My Rules > + icon.
- Select the Time Trigger. Set the time and repeat as per your wish. Hit Next.
- Select Reboot Action.
- Provide a name for the rule and then hit the Save icon at the top.
That’s it. From now on, your Android device will automatically restart as per the time and repeat you’ve set.
To edit the rule – Tap My Rules. Find and hit the rule. Now, tap Edit Rule and make changes as per your liking. Tap the Save icon at the top.
If you don’t want a rule, then you can disable or delete it.
To disable: tap the rule and hit On to disable it.
To delete: tap the rule, hit Delete Rule and then tap Yes in the pop-up.
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.