Remember that you can follow this post on rooted and non-rooted Android devices. Let’s get started.
- Install and open the Buttons remapper (no root) app.
- Enable accessibility service for the app (you can follow on-screen instructions to do this).
- Now, you can see the main screen.
- Tap the “+” icon. Choose the “Short and long press” option.
- Open the drop-down list under “Key” and choose the capacitive button or volume button you want to remap.
- Open the drop-down list under “Action” and select the action you prefer. Tap the “Ok.”
That’s it. All done. Now, do the above steps (4-6) for all the buttons you want to remap.
Remember that you can also swap capacitive buttons or volume buttons using this app.
Let’s see how to swap volume buttons.
For this, you need to create two actions.
Create an action with “VOLUME_UP” from the “Key” drop-down list and “Volume -” from the “Action” drop-down list.
Create an action with “VOLUME_DOWN” from the “Key” drop-down list and “Volume +” from the “Action” drop-down list.
That’s it. From now on, when you press the volume up button, it’ll reduce the volume, and when you press the volume down button, it’ll increase the volume.
Here’s an important thing to remember: if you swap or remap a button, then its long-press action will not work.
If you want to have the long-press action for that button, then you need to create an action for it, and here’s how:
Tap “+” icon. Choose “Short and long press.” Choose that button from the “key” drop-down list and select the long-press action you prefer from the “Action” drop-down list. Choose the “Long press” option. Tap the “Ok.”
Here’s another vital thing to note: if you’re creating a long-press action for a button that is not swapped or remapped, then the long-press action you create will be added with the existing one. In other words, when you long-press the button, it’ll perform two actions (the action you’ve added and the default one).
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.
- How to Take a Nandroid Backup
- How to Enable Soft Keys
- How to Find IMEI on Android
- How to Take a Screenshot on Android
- How to Enable Mono Audio in Android