Note: You can pin Recycle Bin to the Start menu like you usually do in Windows 11. Right-click on the shortcut and select the “Pin to Start” option from the context menu if you want to pin Recycle Bin on the Start menu. You can find the shortcut in the Start menu Pinned section.
How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 11
You can’t pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar like you usually do in Windows 11. But you can pin it by creating a shortcut for it.
Let’s see the steps to create a shortcut for it.
- Right-click on the blank desktop space.
- Select New > Shortcut from the context menu.
- It would help if you typed the following in the popup: %systemroot%\explorer.exe shell:RecycleBinFolder and hit the Next button.
- Provide the shortcut’s name as Recycle Bin or something you prefer, and hit the Finish button.
That’s it. You can see the Recycle Bin shortcut on the desktop now.
But its icon is not the one that Recycle Bin has. You can change it if you wish, and here are the steps:
- Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties from the context menu.
- In the Shortcut tab, you can see the Change Icon button. Hit it.
- In the popup, type the following and press Enter key: %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll
- Now you can see the Recycle Bin icon. Select it.
- Click on the OK button. Click the OK button.
That’s all, and you can see the change now.
Let’s see how to pin Recycle Bin to Windows 11 taskbar.
Right-click on the shortcut and hit “Show more options.”
Select the “Pin to taskbar” option from the context menu.
How to Unpin Recycle Bin from Taskbar
Right-click on the Recycle Bin in the taskbar and select the “Unpin from taskbar” option.
Note: If you want to unpin Recycle Bin in the Start menu, right-click it and select “Unpin from Start.”
Thanks for reading.