Note: I’m using iPhone (iOS 15.2), Windows 11 PC, and Pixel 4a (Android 12).
How to Pin Chats on WhatsApp (iPhone or Android)
Here are steps to pin a WhatsApp chat:
Open WhatsApp app.
If you’re using an Android phone, long-press the chat in the WhatsApp app. If you wish, you can select up to three conversations. Tap the Pin icon on top.
If you’re using an iPhone, slide the WhatsApp conversion to the right. Tap the Pin option.
That’s all there is to it.
Note that the “Pin” symbol appears in the Chats tab for each pinned chat.
How to Unpin a WhatsApp Chat (Android or iPhone)
To unpin pinned WhatsApp conversation, follow the steps above, and you’ll see “Unpin.” Tap it.
How to Pin Chat on WhatsApp Web
Follow these steps to pin a particular chat on WhatsApp Web:
Hover mouse over conversion on the left sidebar and click the down arrow. Or right-click on the conversation.
How to Unpin a Chat on WhatsApp Web
Follow the steps above to unpin, and you can now see Unpin chat. Click it.
Here’s an alternative method to do the above tasks: click the contact or group chat you’d like to pin or unpin. Press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + P.
- WhatsApp shows chats in chronological order by default.
- WhatsApp’s pin chat feature allows you to pin chats of your choice.
- When you pin a conversation, it’ll appear at the top of the Chats tab, making finding it easier and quicker.
- Note that no one knows when you unpin or pin a chat, and the pinned chats are always at the top until unpinned.
- You can pin up to three conversations, and they can be contact or group chats.
- You can’t pin a message in the group or contact chat.
Thanks for reading.