In Android, you can store many files such as photos, videos, documents and much more. You don’t want some files to be accessed by anyone else. However, when you give your phone to others, you can’t able to make sure that they don’t access your files.
In this case, you can password protect files to prevent it from accessing by anyone except you. There are many apps available in the play store to password protect files.
Folder lock app is one of the best apps to password protect files such as images, videos, audios, documents, contacts, folders and provides us many options. You can download it from here. Let’s check it out the steps to password protect files in android using folder lock app.
Password Protect Files and Folders in Android Phone
- Install and open the app.
- Provide the password as per your wish. Make sure that you can easily remember the password and it is difficult to identify by others. Later, you can change the login access types to the password, pin or pattern in the login options of settings.
- In the next step, you’ll be prompted to provide the email address. If you don’t provide the email address, you can’t able to recover the password if you forgot. You can change or set an email address in the recover security lock option in settings.
- Now, you are in the folder lock screen. Tap the photos option to password protect the photos. click on the second option in the top right corner. it will display a list of location from where you want to import the images.
- In this instance, I'm choosing the gallery. Once you select the images, click on the download button at the top right corner to import the images to the folder lock app.
Now, the images are password protected.
If you want to unhide the image, select the image that you want to unhide. Tap on the unhide button at the bottom of the left corner. The selected images will be unhidden.
You can import the videos, audios, documents, contacts, folders (click on the miscellaneous option to import folders) to folder lock app to make them secure and password protected.
There are some other additional features in this app which will be interesting.
- Private browser – you can browse the internet from the folder lock app itself. It will leave no traces and the privacy is enabled.
- Notes – you can create secure notes within the app itself.
- Voice memos – you can create voice memos within the app.
- Private contacts - you can create a list of confidential contacts.
- Secure wallet – you can use the secure wallet option to store your bank account and much more. It is important to note that your card-related/financial related data is not stored on any server. It will be stored on your phone.
- Data recovery - this option allows us to recover the previously lost data in folder lock (if any).
- PC/Mac file transfer – this option allows us to transfer and access the files (in the folder lock) on the computer.
To use the PC/Mac file transfer, enable the web server option in the app.
- Enter the specified URL in the address bar of your computer browser.
- It’ll open the folder lock web server in your browser.
- Enter your folder lock password. Now, you can see all the files that are protected by the folder lock app in the computer. Access and transfer the files from the computer.
It is my recommendation to keep the backup of the files (on computer or cloud). It will ensure that you’ll never lose your files.
Click on the settings option. There you can explore many options. Configure it as per your need. The panic switch, stealth mode, and cloud backup options are available in the folder lock pro version. If you want those features, consider purchasing the pro version.
I hope that this post is useful to you. If you like this post, share with your friends.
How to Password Protect Files and Folders in Android Phone