In Gmail, a click on an email will open it in the same tab by default.
To open an email in a new tab, press the Ctrl key and hit the email.
To open an email from the entire conversation in a new tab, follow the below steps:
- Open the email.
- Hit the three vertical dots at the top of the email which you want to open in a new tab.
- Now, hit the Print option.
- Close the Print pop-up by pressing the Escape key. Now, you can see the email in a new tab.
Alternatively, you can do the above task using these steps: Turn off the conversation view, and then hit the email while pressing the Ctrl key.
To open an email in a new window, press the Shift key and hit the email.
Here’s an alternative way to the above one:
- Open the email by hitting it.
- Besides the Print icon, you can see a New window icon. Hit it, and the email will be opened in a new window.
To open an email from the entire conversation in a new window, you need to disable the conversation view in your Gmail account first.
After that, you can open the email in a new window using any of the two ways mentioned above.