While editing the text on Android, you may face many failed attempts of placing the cursor at the spot you want.
If you have ever been in that situation, then this guide is for you.
In this post, we will see 2 different methods to move the cursor using volume keys to get the precise control of text cursor. Let's get started.
Move Cursor using Volume Keys
We have three requirements and here are they:
- Rooted Android device
- Xposed Framework (I suggest you to check this guide if you are new to the Xposed framework.)
- GravityBox Module (This module is available for different Android versions. So make sure to install the correct one for your Android device.)
- Open GravityBox module.
- Navigate to the “Navigation keys actions”.
- Under the "Volume Keys" section, you can see the option “Volume key cursor control”.
- Tap it and you can see this popup.
- Choose the option you want.
That’s it. From now on, you can move the text cursor using volume keys on your Android device.
Keep in mind that this functionality is applied for all apps.
If you prefer to have this functionality on specific apps only, then the following app is for you.
- Install and open "Cursor Control" app. You can use this app on both the rooted and non-rooted devices.
- Tap the switch beside “Start service” and enable Accessibility service permission for the app.
- Enable the switch.
- Tap the + icon.
- Now you can see the list of apps (both System and User apps) on your device. Select the apps you want.
- Remember, you will be able to move the text cursor using the volume keys on the selected apps only.
- Once you are done, tap the OK button.
- That's it. All is done.
Here are some things that you need to know:
- By default, the volume up key is for moving text cursor in the right direction and the volume down key is just the opposite. If you prefer, you can change it in the Settings.
- The app Settings have few options. So, make sure to check it out.
- This app doesn't work with some apps (The developer of this app quote this in the app's description on the Google Play Store).
- The free version allows you to add 8 apps, maximum. If you want to remove that limitation, you need to purchase the pro version.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.