Want to make and receive calls from PC using android? then this guide is for you.
We all know that this kind of feature is already available for the users of
But, we can get the same feature in
AirDroid app helps us to achieve this feature. AirDroid offers a lot of features and it is quite useful to manage
Here, I listed important AirDroid features
You can explore all the features once you begin to work with AirDroid. Let’s check it out the steps to make cell phone calls through the computer.
First of all, download and install the AirDroid app in your android. Here, you can download the AirDroid.
This is the only thing you need to install and you don’t need to install any other softwares. Here, we are going to manage android phone via the web client. Let’s get started.
- Open the app.
- Click on sign in later link at the bottom.
- In the next screen, you can see a popup. Tap enable button.
- It will take you to the accessibility. Find and Enable AirDroid notification mirror service.
- Now, go back to the AirDroid app.
- Open the URL (in numbers) in your computer browser.
- Click on accept button in android.
That’s it. You’ll receive
Steps to Make and Receive Calls on PC
To make a call from computer, follow the steps below
- Click on the call button beside new message button. It will open the dialer.
- Dial the number in the keypad (it will pop up contact suggestions on the right side of the dialer).
- Click on the call button. It will make a call. But, there is a limitation that you need to take your phone to continue with your call. In a nutshell, the PC just acts as a phone dialer to initiate a call.
You can use Bluetooth headset to overcome this limitation. Alternatively, to make it easy for you here is the solution.
- Connect your android and PC via Bluetooth.
- Once devices are connected, enable the option “use your computer as a speakerphone” in the Bluetooth device control.
- Now, you can continue the call with headphone (with a microphone) via PC.
That’s it. You just made the call without touching android device.
By default, we don’t have the option to accept the calls on PC via AirDroid. But, there are options available to reject it or reject it with the message.
However, when you connected your devices via Bluetooth (using above method), your call get automatically accepted without pressing any button. You can continue the call with headphone.
I personally tested this method and it works fine for me. This may not be a fine solution, but it comes close to accept phone calls on the computer without touching android.
Steps to Send and Receive Text Messages
Now, the next step is to send and receive text messages
- Click on the new message button at the top (besides search bar).
- In "to" field, enter the name of the person and it will pop up the contacts to choose.
- Type the message and hit the send button to send the message.
If you receive any text messages, you will receive a notification in the browser. Click the notification to view the text message. When you want to stop using AirDroid, click on the disconnect button on the AirDroid app.
I hope that the information in this post will be useful for you. If you find the information useful for you, share this post with your friends.