By default, all blogs are public in Blogger. When your blog is public, it is visible to anyone on the internet.
But, if you want to create a blog that can access by only a set of peoples, then you need to create a private blog.
Blogger has 2 options to make a private blog. Let’s check it out all in detail.
Make a Private Blog in Blogger
- Select the blog that you want to make private.
- Go to Settings > Basic
- Click on “Edit” link in the “Blog Readers” option.
"Blog Readers" have three options. They are Public, Private – Only blog authors, and Private – Only these readers.
The public option is the default one which makes your blog available to anyone on online. The remaining two Blog Readers options make Blogger private.
Private – Only blog authors
- If you choose Private-Only blog authors option, then only site authors and admin can use your blog. The blog would be restricted to the public users.
- If any public users try to use your private blog, they will get a message stating that this site is private.
Private – Only these readers
- The Private-Only these readers option allows only a set of readers to use your blog. You have to send invitations through email for a set of readers that you choose.
- Click on “+Add Readers” to add readers to your private blog. You can add up to 100 readers for a private blog. The readers should be login to their Google account to use your blog.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Make a Private Blog in Blogger