Let’s say, you lose your phone somewhere and an honest person finds your device;
He wants to contact you and let you know about your device. He sees your phone number (and/or email address) on the lock screen of your device.
He contacted you and you got your device back.
All went well, right?
All these are possible because he can contact you with the information on the lock screen.
I hope you got the point. So, let's add the information on the device right away and increase the chances of getting the device back (if lost).
Well, we don't need any apps for this. We can do it using Android’s inbuilt option "Lock screen message" which got introduced on MarshMallow.
It is similar to the "Owner info" (you can find it in the Settings > Security) in the older Android versions.
Let’s see where we can find "Lock screen message" option and how to add the message to lock screen.
Steps to Add Lock Screen Message on Android MarshMallow
- Go to Settings > Security.
- Find and tap “Lock screen message” option.
- Now, type any message you want. As discussed above, you can add your number or email address there or you can add any fun info that you want to look at every time you wakes up your device.
- If you put a lengthy message, then you can see it scrolling on the lock screen.
- Remember, don't add the phone number of the device you hold; Just add your another phone's number, your friends or relatives number;
- Anyone can see your personalized message without unlocking the device. So, enter the information cautiously.
- Tap the "Save" button. Put your device in standby mode and wake it up. Now you can see the message that you’ve added.
Here are the few things that you need to keep in mind:
If you don’t want the message on the lock screen, then you need to do this:
- Go to Lock screen message option.
- Clear all the message and tap "Save".
This option is worth to try; Just try it and add the message you want on your device’s lock screen.
I hope this information is useful to you. If you like the information in this post, share this post with your friends on Social Media.