In this article you will see:
- How to Set an iPhone to Announce Who’s Calling You
- How to Show or Hide Caller ID on iPhone
- How to silence unknown callers on your iPhone
- How to turn call waiting on or off
- How to Turn On or Off Dial Assist
How to Set an iPhone to Announce Who’s Calling You
Start Settings, tap Phone > Announce Calls, and you will see these options:
- Always – Announce every incoming call.
- Headphones & Car – Notify incoming calls when your device and car are connected via Bluetooth or headphones.
- Headphones Only – Announce incoming calls only when headphones are connected.
- Never – Do not announce incoming calls.
Choose the one you prefer.
How to Show or Hide Caller ID on iPhone
Open Settings. Tap Phone > Show My Caller ID. Activate the button next to “Show My Caller ID” to display the caller ID.
Note: To hide the caller ID, deactivate the switch.
How to silence unknown callers on your iPhone
Start Settings. Click “Phone.” Activate the button next to “Silence Unknown Callers.” That’s it.
From now on, if you receive a call from a phone number that is not included in the recent outgoing calls, Contacts, Mail, or Messages app, it will go directly to the voicemail and appear in the “Recents” list.
Note: To disable this feature, deactivate the switch.
How to turn call waiting on or off
Open Settings, select Phone > Call Waiting. Enable the button next to “Call Waiting.”
Note: To disable call waiting, deactivate the switch.
How to Turn On or Off Dial Assist
The dial assist automatically adds an international or local area code when you dial your contacts and favorites. It is enabled by default and here’s how you can disable it:
Open Settings. Tap Phone. Scroll down. Disable the button next to “Dial Assist.”
Note: To activate the dial assist, activate the switch.