If you want to increase IDM download speed, then this guide is for you.
In this post, we will see 2 steps to increase IDM download speed.
After you implemented the steps in this guide, you can see the increase in the download speed by 20-25%. Let's get started.
Increase IDM Download Speed
Step 1: Change IDM Settings
- Navigate to Downloads > Options.
- Go to "Connection" tab.
- In the "Connection Type/Speed", Choose the "high-speed".
- In the "Default max conn number" option, change the value to 16.
Step 2: IDM Optimizer
IDM Optimizer software tweaks the settings by increasing the connection speed and modifying the default connection type. This will increase IDM download speed.
- Open the software.
- Click on "Optimize IDM" button. You’ll get a success notification message.
- Open the command prompt as Administrator.
- Type the following command
- After a minute, press Ctrl+C to stop the command.
- It’ll create a text file named "netcheck" in the “C” drive of your computer.
- The text file list all the process that is currently utilizing your internet.
Netstat –b 5 > netcheck.txt
You can terminate the processes that you don’t want while downloading with IDM. This will increase your IDM download speed.
I hope these information's increased your IDM download speed. If you like the information in this post, share this post with your friends.
How to Increase IDM Download Speed