By default, the gallery shows the downloaded WhatsApp images and videos.
If you wish you can hide them from the gallery and here’s how:
For individual contact or group
The below steps are for hiding WhatsApp pictures and videos of a particular group or contact chat from the gallery.
- Open WhatsApp chat you prefer.
- Tap the name at the top.
- Hit Media visibility which you can find between Custom notifications and Encryption.
- In the pop-up, you can see three options – Default (Yes), Yes, and No.
- Choose No.
- Tap Ok.
From now on, the gallery will not show newly downloaded images and videos of this chat.
But keep in mind that the gallery will show the already downloaded ones from this chat.
For all contacts and groups
The following steps are for hiding WhatsApp images and videos of all contacts and groups from the gallery.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Hit three vertical dots at the top.
- Tap Settings which you can find beneath Starred messages.
- Hit Chats which you can find between Account and Notifications.
- Tap Media visibility which you can find between Enter is send and Font size.
From now on, the gallery will not show newly downloaded images and videos of WhatsApp.
But remember that the gallery will show the already downloaded ones.