In this post, you’ll see:
- How to Hide Likes on Your Own Instagram Posts
- How to Hide Likes and Views in Others Posts
I am using Android and iPhone in this case. Let’s begin.
How to Hide Likes on Your Own Posts
You can hide the like count for your new or existing posts. The steps are as follows:
For a New Post
Hit on “Advanced Settings” when creating a new post. You can find it on the last page.
Turn on “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.” Your like and view counts will now be hidden for that individual post.
- You can’t set “hiding” as the default for all new Instagram posts.
- As you’ll see in the next Existing Post section, you can unhide the like and view counts at any time.
For an Existing Post
Go to your profile.
Locate and tap the desired post.
On an iPhone, tap the three horizontal dots at its top right. If you’re using an Android device, hit the three vertical dots at its top right.
Hit Hide Like Count.
- Remember that you can still see the like count of your post.
- To unhide the like count, follow the steps above and you’ll see the “Unhide Like Count” option. Hit it.
So that’s it.
How to Hide Likes and Views in Others Posts
You can hide the like and view count for others posts. The steps are as follows:
Open the Instagram app.
Tap your profile picture at the bottom.
Hit the three horizontal lines at the top right.
Then tap “Settings.”
Hit Privacy > Posts.
Enable “Hide Like and View Counts.”
Note that you can still see who liked the others posts. Here’s how: Under the post, you will see “Liked by X and others,” where X is the name. Hit it to see who liked the post.
By disabling the “Hide Like and View Counts,” you can view these counts at any time.
Here’s another important thing to note:
Can You Hide Likes on Instagram Reels?
No. There is no option to do that.