By default, your friends list on Facebook is “Public.” It means that anyone can see it.
If you don’t want others to see your Facebook friends list, then you can hide it and here’s how:
Click on this URL (make sure you’re signed in to Facebook before clicking the URL), and it’ll take you to the “Privacy” section of Facebook.
In the “How people can find and contact you” section, you can see “Who can see your friends list?.” Read the crucial points beneath it and then click on the “Edit” link beside it.
Now, you can see a drop-down list. Open it, and you can see these options:
- Public – Anyone can view friends list of yours.
- Friends – Only your friends can view friends list of yours.
- Friends except – All your friends can view your friends list except the ones you chose.
- Specific friends – Only the friends chosen by you can see your friends list.
- Only me – Only you can see friends list of yours.
- Custom – You can precisely set who can and can’t view friends list of yours.
Choose the one you prefer. In this instance, I chose “Only me.”
That’s it. All done.
Android and iPhone
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap Hamburger icon (three vertical lines) > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Privacy Settings.
- Now, you can see “Who can see your friends list?” option and make sure to read the crucial points beneath it. Tap the option.
- Tap “See More” or “More” (if you’re on iPhone) to see all the options (If you want to know what each option can do, check out the above section).
- Now, choose the one you prefer. In this instance, I selected “Only me.”
That’s all. All done.
- How to Connect Facebook to Twitter
- How to Disable Facebook In-App Browser
- How to Log Out of Messenger
- How to Stop People From Following Me on Facebook
- How to Turn On Facebook Messenger Dark Mode