If you want to hide apps from others view, then you can do it with the help of third-party apps.
In this post, we will see two apps which helps us to do this task easily. Let’s get started.
Hide Apps on Android
I’ve tried the Apex Launcher and I’ve tried to hide default apps and user installed apps.
Here are the steps to do that in Apex Launcher:
- Press menu > Apex settings > Drawer settings > Hidden apps > select the apps you want to hide > Save
If you want to hide the app from app drawer alone, you can use this method.
But if you want to hide the app completely, then this method is not the one I recommend for you.
Because here are the disadvantages of this method:
- This method only hides the app from the app drawer only.
- The hidden app shortcut on the home screen remains intact.
You are hiding WhatsApp which has a shortcut on home screen. After you hidden the app with the launcher, you can still see the WhatsApp shortcut on the home screen and you can still access the WhatsApp from that shortcut.
- Go to Settings > Apps > All tab and you can see the app you just hid.
In a nutshell, this method doesn't hide the app completely. But the next method will.
Hide Photos, Video-Hide it Pro [Rooted Android Devices Only]
This app not only hides the app from app drawer, it also hides the app from the Apps section in Settings.
Also, the thing I like the most about this app is that it will remove the hidden apps shortcut from your home screen which is not available in the many apps I’ve tried so far.
Note: The shortcuts are hidden in Nova Launcher. In Apex Launcher, the shortcuts are not hidden but the shortcuts won’t open the app.
- Install the app.
- When you installed this app, you can see a new app called “Audio Manager” in the app drawer. Don’t worry. The Hide it Pro app disguises itself as an Audio Manager.
- Just open “Audio Manager” and long press the “Audio Manager” title at the top. It will open the hide it pro setup. Select the lock method you prefer and provide the recovery email.
- Long press the Audio Manager title again. Enter the pin or password on the lock screen.
- Now, you can see the Vault.
- Click on “Hide Apps”.
- Navigate to “All Apps” tab where you can see all the apps on your handset.
- Tap the app name you want to hide. Click OK in the confirmation message.
- You can see the apps that you hide in the Hidden Apps tab.
To Unhide Apps
- Go to “Hidden Apps” tab.
- Tap the app.
- Select the option you prefer. For the unhide, choose Un-Hide option.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Hide Apps on Android