Google docs document has a single column by default.
If you wish, you can add more and here’s how on Google Docs web version:
In the document, select the text.
Hit “Format.” Hover your mouse over “Columns.”
Now, you can see Single (default), Double and Triple. Pick “Double” or “Triple.”
A document can have a maximum of 3 columns.
If you want to add columns with customization, then follow the above steps (1 and 2), hit “More options,” set the options in the popup as per your wish, and then hit the “Apply” button.
Remember that you can change numbers of columns, it’s spacing or line between columns at any time you want by these steps – select the columns, hit Format, hover your mouse over Columns, hit More options, make changes as per your wish and then hit Apply button.
If you want to move text from one column to the top of its next column, then here are the steps:
- Place the cursor before the text you wish to relocate.
- Hit “Insert.” Hover your mouse over “Break.” Select “Column break.”
Like this guide? Share it with your friends.
- How to Change Paper Size in Google Docs
- How to Change Page Color in Google Docs
- How to Remove Page Break on Google Docs
- How to Add Table of Contents in Google Docs
- How to Superscript and Subscript on Google Docs