WhatsApp’s “Forward” feature allows you to forward messages you’ve received and sent.
In this post, you’ll see the steps to forward a message on WhatsApp on Android and iOS. Let’s get started.
How to Forward WhatsApp Messages
Open a WhatsApp chat (group or contact), which contains the messages you want to forward.
Select the message(s) that you want to forward.
Tap the “Forward” icon at the top.
On the “Forward to” screen, select the contact(s) and/or group(s) you wish from the “Frequently contacted,” “Recent chats,” and “Other contacts” section. You can also set the messages you’ve selected as your status (Tap the “My status” option for that).
Now, tap the “Send” icon.
Open the WhatsApp app.
Open the chat (group or contact).
Long press the message you would like to forward.
Hit “Forward” option, which is below the “Reply.”
Now, select the other messages you want to forward, if any.
Hit “Forward” icon, which you can find at the bottom left.
Select the one(s) to whom you want to forward.
Here are some important things to note (applies for Android and iOS):
- You can apply the above steps to forward media, documents, locations (not live locations), and contacts too.
- You can’t forward a message to someone who isn’t in your WhatsApp contacts.
- Any message you forward (that isn’t yours) will contain the “Forwarded” label at the top of the forwarded message, which can be seen by the recipient and yourself.
- You can forward a message to a maximum of five chats at once.
- If a message is forwarded over five times, then it’ll contain a “Double arrow” icon label at the top of the forwarded message. Remember that this message can be forwarded to a single contact or group at once.