In this post, we’ll see how to create a folder on the home screen of Android (I’m using Android Pie).
Let’s get started.
- Long press a shortcut on the home screen, which you want to be in the folder.
- Now, drag and drop it on another shortcut on the home screen, which you prefer to be in the folder.
That’s it. Now, you can see the folder on the home screen.
If you want to name the folder, follow the below steps:
- Tap the folder to open it.
- Hit “Unnamed Folder,” begin entering the name you wish, after that, tap “Enter” key on your keyboard.
Here are some other important things to note:
You can add the shortcut to the folder. Here’s how: Long press the shortcut and then drag and drop it on the folder.
You can remove the shortcut from the folder by using any of the following methods:
- Open the folder. Long press the shortcut. Drag and drop it on the home screen from the folder.
- You can remove the shortcut entirely (to do that, long-press the shortcut in the folder, drag and drop it on the “Remove” option at the top).
You can delete the folder by using any of the following methods:
- Remove the shortcuts in the folder by using any of the above ways. You can see that the folder disappears while one shortcut left in it and that shortcut placed on the home screen. Because a folder exists only when the two shortcuts in there.
- Remove the folder entirely (to do that, long-press the folder, drag and drop it on the “Remove” option at the top). Remember that this one will delete the folder along with the shortcuts within it.
- How to Turn Off Geotagging
- How to Remove Empty Folders on Android
- How to Add a Widget to Android
- How to Uninstall App in Android
- How to Hide Apps on Android