Invalid IMEI error may occur after a ROM installation or after upgrading the android. This error causes a network problem which doesn’t let you make and receive calls on your handset.
Recently, I got this invalid IMEI error after installing ROM in my Micromax mobile. There are 2 simple ways to fix this IMEI error. In this post, we will see the both ways in detail. Let’s get started.
Fix Invalid IMEI Error
This method has 2 requirements.
- Rooted device
If you have the above 2 requirements, then you are good to go.
- Install and open mobileuncle tools [This app isn’t currently available in the play store. But, it is still available in other stores.]
- Click on IMEI Backup Restore (MTK) option.
- You’ll see 4 options and the last 2 options are meant for the IMEI restoration task.
Restore IMEI from SDCARD(MTK) – If your IMEI backup is in the internal storage, you need to use this option.
Restore IMEI from SDCARD2(MTK) – If your backup is on the sd card, then you need to use this option.
Make sure you have the IMEI backup in the root directory of the storage. Now, use the option and restore the IMEI.
Method 2 [Rooted Device Only]
- For this method, you need to know the IMEI number of your handset. Dialing *#06# doesn’t show the IMEI number now. Instead, it will show the error like this.
- But, you can find it in the following places:
Remove the battery of the phone and you can see the IMEI numbers of your mobile.
It is also written in the phone’s retail box and bill.
You can also find it using this method here.
- Note it down.
- Go to engineering mode. To do this, download and install mobileuncle tools app and open it.
- Select engineer mode. Tap engineer mode (MTK).
- Navigate to connectivity tab > CDS information > radio information > Phone 1
- At the top, you’ll see the “AT+”.
- Beside the AT+, type the following command.
- Within double quotes, type your IMEI number. Press “SEND AT COMMAND” button. You’ll see a message like this “AT command is mSent”.
- Now, reboot the phone.
You’ll see the first sim is working. If you have the dual sim mobile, you need to use the same procedure for the second sim.
- Go to phone 2. Beside the AT+, type the following command in the input field.
- Remember, you need to use the second IMEI number in the input field and press “SEND AT COMMAND” button.
- After you done, reboot the device.
That’s it. Both the network problem and the invalid IMEI error got fixed. Dial *#06# to check the imei number of your handset.
Additional Hint [optional]:
I’ve also faced another error after installing ROM. That is NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10 error. You can go to the wifi settings and confirm whether you have this error or not.
If you have this NVRAM error, then I suggest you visit this page which has the solution.
I hope that the information in this post is useful for you. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments.
If you like the information in this post, please do share this post with your friends.
Have you faced the invalid IMEI error? Let me know your experience with us.
- How to Remote Turn Off Android with SMS
- How to Find Android Phone on Silent Mode
- How to Fix WiFi Authentication Problem on Android