Invalid IMEI error may occur after a ROM installation or after upgrading the android. This error causes a network problem which doesn’t let you make and receive calls on your handset. Recently, I got this invalid IMEI error after installing ROM in my Micromax mobile. There are two simple ways to fix this IMEI error. In this post, we will see both methods in detail. Let’s get started.
Fix Invalid IMEI ErrorMethod 1 This method has two requirements. Requirements:
- Rooted device
- Install and open mobileuncle tools [This app isn’t currently available in the play store. But, it is still available in other stores.]
- Click on IMEI Backup Restore (MTK) option.
- You’ll see four options and the last two options are meant for the IMEI restoration task.
- For this process, you need to know the IMEI numbers of your handset. Dialing *#06# doesn’t show the IMEI numbers now. Instead, it will show the error like this:
- So, I suggest you check out this article (take a look at "Remove Battery" and "Your Device is Lost or Stolen" section in that article) to find IMEI numbers and note it down.
- Go into engineering mode. To do this, download and install Mobileuncle Tools app and open it.
- Select engineer mode. Tap engineer mode (MTK).
- Navigate to connectivity tab > CDS information > radio information > Phone 1
- At the top, you’ll see the AT+.
- Beside the AT+, type the following command.
- Within double quotes, type your IMEI number. Press “SEND AT COMMAND” button. You’ll see a message like this “AT command is mSent.”
- Now, reboot the phone.
- Go to phone 2. Beside the AT+, type the following command in the input field.
- Remember, you need to use the second IMEI number in the input field and press “SEND AT COMMAND” button.
- After you were done, reboot the device.