In this post, we will see how to start Firefox in safe mode. Let’s get started.
Note: Firefox have a mode for troubleshooting, and that mode is safe mode.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode
You can launch the Firefox web browser in safe mode in five diverse ways.
Before we see the methods, let us see some important things:
- If you have any other already opened Firefox windows when you follow Method #1 and #2, then those windows too will get launched in safe mode.
- Before trying Method #3, #4, and #5, make sure no other Firefox windows are already opened. If not, those ways will not open Firefox in safe mode, and they will open normal Firefox windows.
- To get out of safe mode, close the safe mode windows.
Having said that, let us see the methods.
Open the Firefox web browser.
Click on the three vertical lines at the top right.
On the menu, hit on Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
In the pop-up, hit the Restart button.
Now, in the Firefox Safe Mode pop-up, you can see two buttons – Start in Safe Mode and Refresh Firefox.
Hit the Start in Safe Mode button.
- In the address bar, type about:support and then hit Enter key.
- In the top right of the screen, you can see Restart with Add-ons Disabled button. Hit it.
- In the pop-up, hit the Restart button.
- In the Firefox Safe Mode pop-up, hit Start in Safe Mode button.
- Press the Shift key and double-click on the Firefox shortcut.
- Now you can see the pop-up. Click on the Start in Safe Mode button.
Right-click on the Firefox shortcut (I suggest changing the shortcut name to Firefox safe mode) and select Properties.
In the Target field, append -safe-mode.
Click on the Ok button.
In the pop-up, click on the Continue button.
From now on, when you open the shortcut, you’ll see Firefox Safe Mode pop-up.
Click on the Start in Safe Mode button to launch Firefox in safe mode.
- Open Run Command (Press Windows key and R simultaneously for that). In it, type firefox -safe-mode and then press the Enter key.
- Hit the Start in Safe Mode button in the Firefox Safe Mode pop-up.
You can use the same command in the Address toolbar, File Explorer address bar and Task Manager (Hit File > Run new task to use the command). For Command Prompt, you need to use start firefox -safe-mode command.
After that, apply the last step in the Method #5.