Sometimes, we receive an email and we don’t know the person who sent that email. In that case, we need to find the location of the email sender so that we can guess who the person may be.
To find the location, we need to find IP address of the sender. The Gmail isn’t including the IP address of the sender in the message if he is using Gmail’s web interface to send the email.
If the person is using the desktop clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook to sent email, then the IP address is often included in the message.
Find IP Address of Email Sender in Gmail
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Open the email and click on "More" (inverted triangle beside Reply).
- Click on "Show original".
- In the next window, press Ctrl + F and search for “Received: from” (without quotes).
- You may see the IP address of the sender (See screenshot).
- If there are many instances of "Received: from" appeared on the page, choose the last one.
Now, we need to trace the sender location using the IP address.
- Go to IP-Tracker website to find IP address location.
- Type the IP address that we find out in the Gmail.
- Now, the tool will display the information such as city, country, time zone and ISP. With this information, you can able to find out the location and probably the person who sent that email to you.
Note: If the above method won't work, please check it out the other ways that I've mentioned in the comments.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Find IP Address of Email Sender in Gmail