In this post, we’ll see how to add a file or folder shortcut to the Android home screen.
In this instance, I’m using Android Pie. Let’s get started.
- Install File Manager by Astro (File Browser) app. Open the app and go through the initial setup.
- You’ll be on the main screen. Close the app.
- Now, go to the home screen you prefer and then long-press on a blank space in it.
- Tap “Widgets.”
- Find and long-press the “Astro” widget. Place it on the home screen in the place you want.
- If you want to add a file shortcut, find and tap it.
- If you want to add a folder shortcut, then long-press the folder you want.
That’s all. Now, you can see the shortcut on the home screen.
To Remove Shortcut
- Long press the shortcut you like to remove, and you can see the “Remove” option at the top.
- Drop the shortcut on the “Remove” option.
- How to Add App Shortcut to Android
- How to Turn On Flashlight
- How to Remotely Shut Down Android Phone
- How to Backup Text Messages to Gmail
- How to Customize Quick Responses on Android