In Windows 10, you can open the Event Viewer in different ways. Let’s see what they are.
eventvwr command can launch Event Viewer in Windows 10, and you can use it in the following programs:
- Run Command
- Address toolbar
- File Explorer address bar
- Task Manager (click File > Run new task to use the command)
- Command Prompt
- Windows PowerShell
- Open Control Panel.
- In the search box at the top, type event.
- Now, you can see View event logs link. Click on it.
- Go to C: > Windows > System32 folder.
- Find and double-click on eventvwr file.
Right-click on the Start button and then click on Event Viewer, which is between Power Options and System.
- Open Start menu.
- Find and open the Windows Administrative Tools folder.
- Now you can see the Event Viewer. Click on it.
- Open the Start menu and type event.
- In the search results, you can see the Event Viewer app. Click on it.
How to Create Event Viewer Shortcut
Here, we’ll see the steps to create an Event Viewer shortcut in Windows 10.
- Right-click on your desktop’s blank area.
- Hover your mouse over New. Hit Shortcut, which you can find under Folder.
- In the Create Shortcut pop-up, type eventvwr. Hit the Next button.
- Now, provide the name for the shortcut as per your liking if you don’t like the suggested name.
- Click on the Finish button.
That’s it. Now you can see the shortcut on the desktop.