In this post, we will see the Google Play Store error 491. This error generally prevents the user from downloading or updating apps from Play Store. You can fix this error 491 in 4 different methods and I recommend you to try the following methods in order. Let’s get started.
Fix Google Play Store Error 491
This is one of the common methods. Try to download apps with a different internet connection. If you are in the mobile connection, switch to WiFi and try to download apps from Play Store.
Here, we will clear the data and cache of Google Play Store and Google Play Services.
- Go to Settings. Navigate to Apps > All tab.
- Find and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap the following buttons in order
- Do the above same steps for the Google Play Services.
Now, try to download or update apps from Play Store.
- Reboot your Android phone into recovery mode.
- Click on the Wipe Cache Partition.
- Go to the Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on “Reboot system now” option to reboot your phone.
Try to download or update apps from the Play Store and I hope your apps will be downloaded.
- Go to Settings.
- Under Accounts section, find and tap “Google” option.
- Click on the Gmail account. Press menu button and tap “Remove account” option.
- Tap “Remove account” option in the confirmation message. Reboot your phone.
- Navigate to the Settings > Add account.
- Add and reconfigure your same Gmail account again.