If you enable Gmail Desktop Notifications, then you'll get popup notifications on your desktop when you receive new emails.
It helps us to avoid opening Gmail every time to check updates. Let's check it out the steps to enable it.
Enable Gmail Desktop Notifications
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on "Gear" icon > Settings.
- Under the "General" tab, you can see the Desktop Notifications. (Click here to go to General tab directly)
- Select the “New mail notifications on”. If you select “Important mail notification on”, then you’ll get the notification only about the messages which are marked as important.
- Click the link “Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail”. If you are in Chrome, click on "Allow" in the popup confirmation message.
- If you are in Firefox, then click on "Always Show Notifications".
- Click on "Save changes" button.
That’s it. You’ll get Gmail notifications on the desktop.
To get notifications, your Gmail account should be opened in the browser.
If you want to turn off the Desktop Notification, then select the "Mail notifications off".
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Enable Gmail Desktop Notifications