In this post, we’ll see how to insert en dash ( – ) or em dash ( — ) in Google Docs. Let’s get started.
- Open a Google Docs document and place the cursor at the place where you want en or em dash.
- Hit Insert > Special characters.
- In the popup, you can see a search bar. In it, type dash.
- Now, you can see the en dash as the second one in the search results, and the third one is em dash. Hit the one you prefer, and it’ll get inserted into the document.
That’s it. All done.
Android and iPhone
- Open a document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap the “Pencil” icon at the bottom.
- Put the cursor in the place where you want en dash or em dash.
- Now, in the keyboard, tap the “?123” (if you’re on Android and note that in this instance, I’m using Gboard) or “123” button (if you’re on the iPhone) and then long-press the “Hyphen” key.
- You can see the en dash and em dash. Move your finger and select the one you wish.
- How to Add Link in Google Docs
- How to Change Case in Google Docs
- How to Add Columns in Google Docs
- How to Change Default Font in Google Docs
- How to Superscript and Subscript on Google Docs