In this post, we’ll see:
How to Open Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
Here, we’ll see six different ways to open Disk Cleanup in Windows 10. Let’s see what they are.
Start Menu Shortcut
- Click on the Start menu.
- Hit Windows Administrative Tools, which you can find between Windows Accessories and Windows Ease of Access.
- Now, you can find Disk Cleanup between Defragment and Optimize Drives and Event Viewer. Hit it.
Start Menu Search
Open Start menu. Type clean. Hit the Disk Cleanup app from the search results.
You can use the cleanmgr command in the following programs:
- Address bar of File Explorer
- Address toolbar
- Command Prompt
- Task Manager (you need to click File > Run new task to use this command)
Open System32 folder. Double-click cleanmgr file.
Launch Control Panel. If you’re in Category view, hit System and Security > Free up disk space. Else hit Administrative Tools and then double-click Disk Cleanup.
C Drive Properties
- Open C Drive Properties.
- Hit the Disk Cleanup button in the General tab.
How to Create Disk Cleanup Shortcut
Here, we’ll see the steps to create a Disk Cleanup shortcut in Windows 10.
- Right-click on your desktop’s blank area.
- Hover your mouse over New. Hit Shortcut, which you can find under Folder.
- In the Create Shortcut pop-up, type cleanmgr. Hit the Next button.
- Now, provide the name for the shortcut as per your liking if you don’t like the suggested name.
- Click on the Finish button.
That’s it. Now you can see the shortcut on the desktop.