We’ve already discussed the steps to enable soft keys on android in my previous post. If you don’t want the capacitive buttons along with the soft keys, then you can disable them on android.
You can disable capacitive buttons by making simple changes in android. Let’s check it out the steps to disable them.
Disable Capacitive Buttons on Android
A file manager is required for this task. In this instance, I’m using ES file explorer. You can download it from here. Let’s get started.
- Open the ES file explorer.
- Go to this location
- Now, backup the file generic.kl. Open the generic.kl file with ES note editor.
- Click on the pencil button at the top to edit the file.
- It is important to note that the number of capacitive buttons in android mobiles may vary. So change it according to the buttons on your device.
Key 139 MENU //FOR MENU BUTTON
Key 172 HOME //FOR HOME BUTTON
Key 158 BACK //FOR BACK BUTTON
- Now, add the # before the lines. For instance, to disable home button
#Key 172 HOME
- Save the file. Reboot your android phone.
Now, you can see that the capacitive buttons have been disabled. If you ever want to enable the capacitive buttons, just remove the # before the lines and the key will be enabled.
Also see: Remap capacitive buttons on android
If you find the information on this post useful, please share this post with your friends on twitter, facebook, Pinterest, google plus, and sign up for our newsletter.
If you like my articles, follow us on twitter, facebook, and google plus. I hope that the information in this post helps you to disable capacitive buttons on android. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me in the comments section.