Boot Animation is an animation you would see after the Manufacturer logo when you boot your device.
Every Android device comes with boot animation. If you don't want to have it on your device, then you can disable it.
In this post, we will see three ways to disable boot animation in Android. All the method works on the rooted devices only.
I highly recommend you to take a Nandroid backup before making any changes. Let's get started.
Disable Boot Animation in Android
- Open Rom Toolbox Lite app.
- Slide the app to open menu.
- Choose “Boot Animations” and tap "Disable the boot animation" option.
- From the options, choose “Disable Boot Animation”.
- Tap OK and reboot your phone.
If you want to enable boot animation, then go to menu > Boot Animations > Disable the boot animation > Enable Boot Animation.
You can disable boot animation by adding a single line of code to your build.prop file and here are the steps:
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location:
- Now you can see the build.prop file.
- Tap the build.prop file and select "ES Note Editor".
- Tap the overflow menu (three vertical dots) and select "Edit".
- Go to the bottom of the file and add the following code:
- Tap the back button and press the Yes in the confirmation dialog.
- Reboot the phone and you can see that there is no boot animation.
Note: Copy and paste the file to the other location such as SD card; Now, we have a backup of the original build.prop file.
To enable boot animation, do any one of the following:
- Delete the line that we've just added from the build.prop file.
- Change the value of 1 to 0 in the code.
- Install and open Root Browser.
- Go to /system/media. It is the Android boot animation location.
- Find bootanimation.zip file. Delete or rename the bootanimation.zip file. I recommend you to rename it to bootanimation.zip.bak.
- Go to /system/bin. Find a file named "bootanimation". Rename it to bootanimation.bak (recommended) or delete it.
- Reboot the phone and your phone will start without boot animation.
If you want to enable boot animation, Go to /system/media. Rename bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip. Also, Go to /system/bin. Rename bootanimation.bak to bootanimation.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Disable Boot Animation in Android