Every Android device comes with boot animation. Boot Animation is an animation you would see after the Manufacturer logo when you boot your device.
There are two methods to disable boot animation in Android. Both the method works for the rooted device only. I highly recommend you to take a Nandroid backup before making any changes. Let’s get started.
Disable Boot Animation by using App
- Install and open “Boot Animations” app.
- Go to Preferences.
- Click on “Disable the boot animation”.
- Select “Disable Boot Animation“ option.
- Reboot phone. Now, your phone will be booted without any boot animation (and boot sound).
If you want to enable boot animation, choose “Enable the boot animation” option in the app.
Disable Boot Animation Manually
- Install and open Root Browser.
- Go to /system/media. It is the Android boot animation location.
- Find bootanimation.zip file. Delete or rename bootanimation.zip file. I recommend you to rename it to bootanimation.zip.bak.
- Go to /system/bin. Find a file named “bootanimation”. Rename (recommended) or delete it.
- Reboot the phone and your phone will start without boot animation.
If you want to enable boot animation, Go to /system/media. Rename bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip. Also, Go to /system/bin. Rename bootanimation.bak to bootanimation.