In this post, we’ll see how to disable boot animation on Android. Please note that you need a rooted Android device to follow this guide.
Also, take a Nandroid backup before proceeding. Let’s get started.
Install and open the File Explorer Root Browser app. Provide root permission and “Storage” permission.
Now, you’ll be in the “Root Directory.” Tap system > media.
Now, long-press the bootanimation.zip. Tap overflow menu (three vertical dots) > Rename.
In the popup, add .bak to the end. The result may look like bootanimation.zip.bak. Tap the “Ok.”
Hit the “Back” button and then tap the “bin” folder. Find and long-press bootanimation file.
Now, tap the overflow menu (three vertical dots) at the top and then the “Rename” option.
Add .bak at the end. The result will look like bootanimation.bak. Tap the “Ok.”
That’s all. All done. Reboot your Android phone to see the change.
If you want to get back boot animation, rename the bootanimation.zip.bak to bootanimation.zip and the bootanimation.bak to bootanimation.
- Install and open the File Explorer Root Browser app. Provide root permission and “Storage” permission.
- Now, you’ll be in the “Root Directory.”
- Tap the “system” folder. You can see the build.prop file now. Tap it.
- Hit the “Text Editor” option.
- Go to the end of the file and add the following code in a new line: debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
- Tap the “Save” icon at the top and then tap the “Save & exit” option.
That’s it. Restart your phone to see the change.
If you want to get back the boot animation, remove the added line of code or replace the 1 with 0 in the code.
- How to Change Boot Animation on Android
- How to Find Your Phone Number
- How to Create Flashable Zip
- How to Disable App Notifications on Android
- How to Copy Files on Android