You can open Device Manager in seven different ways and they are:
Use devmgmt.msc command in any of the following programs to launch Device Manager:
- Command Prompt
- Windows PowerShell
- Address bar of File Explorer
- Address Toolbar
- Task Manager (hit File > Run new task to use the command)
- Open the Start menu.
- Type device manager.
- Click on the Device Manager in the search results.
- Open Power user menu (you can do this by pressing Windows and X keys simultaneously or by right-clicking on the Start button).
- Hit Device Manager which you can find between System and Network Connections.
Open Control Panel. Click the Device Manager link.
Note: If you don’t see Device Manager, then it means you’re in the Category view. Click on Hardware and Sound > Device Manager.
- Open the Settings app.
- Type device manager in the search box at the top.
- Click Device Manager from the search results.
Go to the System32 folder. Double-click the devmgmt file.
Right-click on the blank area in the Devices and Printers. Hit Device Manager in the context menu.