Do you want to delete an individual text message? Do you want to delete all threads at once?
If "Yes", then this guide is for you. In this post, we will see how to do these tasks step-by-step.
Let's get started.
Delete Individual Text Message from Thread
Here are the steps to delete individual text from the thread (The thread is a collection of text messages you send to and receive from a contact):
- Tap a message thread.
- Long press the individual message. If you wish, you can select multiple messages from the same thread.
- Tap "Trash Can" icon at the top.
- You can see a confirmation popup. Tap OK on that to delete the selected message(s).
Delete Individual Thread
- Open default Messaging App.
- Long press the thread you want to delete. If you wish, you can select multiple threads too.
- Now you can see "Trash Can" icon at the top. Tap it.
- In the confirmation popup, tap "Delete" to delete that thread(s).
Well, let’s see the 2 different ways to delete all threads at once.
Delete Text Messages (Threads) All at Once
- Open your default Messaging app.
- At the top, you can see Overflow menu (three vertical dots). Tap it.
- Choose "Delete all threads" option.
- Tap "Delete" on the confirmation popup.
- Install and open SMS Backup & Restore app.
- Tap Hamburger icon (three vertical lines) and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Now you can see the “Delete messages or phone calls” option. Tap it.
- Both the Phone calls and Messages are selected by default. If you don’t want to delete phone calls, just uncheck the Phone calls option (see screenshot).
- Hit the "Yes". Now you can see a popup. I summarize the popup message here: If your device version is KitKat or above, then you have to make this app as default messaging app. Making this app as default will allow the app to do this deletion process.
- All you have to do is tap OK on this popup and then Yes on the next popup.
- That's it. The app will take care of the deletion process.
- After the deletion process, make sure to open your messaging app and make it as default.
I hope the information in the post is useful. If you like the information in this post, share this with your friends on Social Media.
How to Delete Text Messages on Android All at Once