In this post, we will see the steps to delete Google Play Store search history. In this instance, I am using Android Pie. Let us start.
Delete Play Store Search History
- Open Play Store app.
- Hit the three vertical lines at the top left > Settings.
- Tap Clear local search history.
That’s it. The search history is removed from your Android device and not from your Google Account. Remember that both the Android device and Google account stores your every search.
Follow the below steps to remove the search history from your Google account:
Go to this URL in the browser. Hit Data & personalization > Web & App Activity > Manage Activity.
Hit + icon beneath the search box > Google Play Store > Apply.
Now, you can see all the searches you’ve done and the apps you’ve visited in the Play Store along with the Play Store visit.
To delete an individual search: Find the search you like to remove. Hit the Overflow menu beside it and then hit the Delete option. In the confirmation pop-up, hit on Delete.
If you want to remove searches of an entire day, click on the Trash can beside the date and then hit Delete in the pop-up. Remember that this will remove the complete history of that day.
To remove all at once (remember that this will delete searches, app visits in the Play Store along with the Play Store visit):
- Hit the Hamburger icon at the top > Delete activity by.
- From the first drop-down list, choose the All time.
- Open the drop-down list above the Delete option. Select the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Delete option.
- In the confirmation pop-up, tap Delete.