DM (Direct Messages) can be deleted on Twitter by these steps:
- Open a DM.
- Hover the mouse near the message.
- Click on "trash can" icon.
- Click on delete in the confirmation message.
This will delete the individual message.
To delete the entire conversation, you can click on the more (three dots) at the top and click on Leave conversation > Leave.
But, if you have a lot of DMs on your Twitter account, then deleting one by one is a time consuming and irritating task (since Twitter has no bulk delete option).
So, you can use the Twitter tools on the internet for this task.
In this post, we will see 2 simple tools which help us to do this task easily. You can pick a tool you prefer. Let’s get started.
Delete DM all at Once
- Go to SocialOomph and sign up for the free or professional account.
- Login to your SocialOomph account.
- Click on Networks > Connect Social Account.
- Now you are on the Twitter tab. Click on "Authorize Access" button and provide the access to it.
- Click on Posting > Purge DMs On Twitter.
- In the Account option, you can see that your account is selected automatically.
- In the Purge option, select the one you prefer. The options are self-explanatory. In this instance, I’m choosing “All DMs”.
- Enable the agreement and click on "Perform Action" button.
The SocialOomph will do this task and send you an email once it is finished. It is important to note that SocialOomph will not delete DM that you sent.
- Go to the website.
- Click on "Sign in with Twitter" button. Authorize the app.
- Now you are on the screen where you can see many options.
- You can delete all dm by pressing select all and Delete button. Alternatively, you can delete the DM from specific peoples.
- After you select the DMs, press "Delete" button. Press OK in the confirmation message.
It is important to note that the DM will be deleted from your account and from the sender’s Twitter account.
The app will begin the deletion process and once it is done, you can see the deleted DM is got strikethrough in the red background.
Once you used the app to delete DM, Click on Revoke permissions link (see above screenshot) and it will take you to the Settings > Apps.
Here, revoke the permission you've given for the app. Then, click on the logout link on the app.
The advantage here is that this web app will delete the DM that you sent.
I hope these information's are useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Delete DM (Direct Messages) on Twitter all at Once
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which means I will receive the commission (at no additional cost to you) when you purchase the product via my links. Thanks for your support.