Twitter only allows us to delete tweets one by one and it doesn't have the bulk delete feature.
So, if you have hundreds or thousands of tweets, then deleting all those tweets manually is a time-consuming task and no one wants to do that.
Here, you can use the web apps to delete all tweets at once. Before proceeding with the web apps, here are the couple of things to note:
- Deleting tweets are permanent and there is no way to getting it back.
- I suggest you to take a backup of your Twitter account before proceeding with the web apps.
In this post, we will see 2 web apps which help us to delete all tweets on Twitter. Let's get started.
Delete All Tweets on Twitter at Once
This social media productivity tool has tons of features and one of them is purging tweets.
This tool can delete 3200 of your recent tweets at once due to the Twitter API limitations.
If your Twitter account has less than 3200 tweets, then this tool is a perfect choice for you. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for a free or professional account as per your choice.
- After you entered in your account, click on Networks > Connect Social Account.
- Tap on the "Authorize Access" button under the Twitter section.
- After you done the authorization, click on Posting > Purge Tweets on Twitter.
- Click the agreement and "Perform Action" button.
- Press OK in the confirmation message and the app will take care of the rest. You'll get the email once the purge is finished.
Twitter Archive Eraser
If your Twitter account has more than 3200 tweets, then you can use this tool to get rid of all your tweets from your Twitter account.
The only disadvantage here is that the app is only available for the Windows users. Here are the steps to use this app:
- Go to the Twitter and take a backup of your account and download it.
- Go to the "Twiter Archive Eraser" website and download the app.
- Open the app. Accept the terms and click on "Sign In" button.
- Provide username, password and click on "Authorize app" button.
- Copy the pin and paste it in the app.
- Now you can see three buttons:
- Click on "Delete Tweets" button.
- Click on "Load/add twitter archive files" button and select the Twitter archive file (Zip file) that you have downloaded earlier.
- Click the "Select all" at the top and press Next.
- Now you can see all the tweets. You can play with the settings to customize the process as per your need.
- In this instance, we want to delete all tweets. So, I just press the "Erase selected tweets" button.
- In the confirmation message, select OK and the app will take care of the rest.
- Once the process is finished, you'll see the notification in your PC.
Delete Direct Messages
After using the above tools, revoke the access of the web apps from your Twitter account. Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to Settings and privacy > Apps.
- Click on "Revoke Access" button beside the web app.
I hope that the information in this post is useful to you. If you find the information in this post useful, share this post with your friends.
How to Delete All Tweets on Twitter at Once
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which means I will receive the commission (at no additional cost to you) when you purchase the product via my links. Thanks for your support.